Both individuals providing services and agencies employing individuals must complete provider enrollment process.
The process includes:
- Step 1: Obtain a National Provider Identifier (NPI) number. Determine if you will need an Individual NPI, Organization NPI or both.
- Step 2: Complete the online application
- Step 3: Complete the Provider Enrollment Checklist.
- Checklist identifies individual taxonomies and group taxonomies within the application.
- Review the checklist you completed in Step 2. The checklists include information about the documentation/forms required for the type of service/services you will be providing
- Obtain required forms by clicking on the links in the checklist
- Complete the required forms
- Sign any forms requiring a signature
- Gather required documents from your files (such as licenses, federal tax letters, bank letters, etc.) – These vary depending on the type of service/services you will be providing
- Submit all documents and forms with your checklist as a coversheet to Provider Enrollment
- Individual 1915(i) Provider Screening Policy
- Step 4: Complete registration steps for provider access, billing, and EFT payment on MCO webpage.
- Step 5: Enrolled Medicaid 1915(i) Providers affiliate/ terminate affiliated individuals.