If you witnessed a crime or want to prevent a crime by submitting anonymous information to your local Sheriff’s department or Highway Patrol, these are the steps to start submitting tips using the NDTip app:
- Go to the app store and download the “NDTip” app.
- Once installed, open the app and select “New Tip.”
- Choose the law enforcement agency which corresponds to the location of the crime. You can select your local Sheriff’s Department or Highway Patrol.
- Provide any relevant information in your tip as to what crime occurred or where. You can even include an image in your tip by selecting the camera icon.
- Once your information has been entered, select the “Submit” button.
- You should receive confirmation your tip was sent, and an officer may respond for more information.
*Please note, this program is NOT a substitute for calling 911. If you witness a crime in progress or have an emergency, call 911. The NDTip system is NOT monitored 24/7.