What is an Opioid Treatment Program (OTP)?
- Patients will receive a complete medical physical at the OTP.
- A medical professional will discuss medication options with each patient:
- Methadone - reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms
- Buprenorphine - decreases withdrawal symptoms for a longer period of time compared to methadone
- Naltrexone - prevents feeling the effects of a drug
- Patients will meet with a licensed addiction counselor to develop counseling goals.
- Depending on the patient’s individual treatment plan, they may receive medications at the OTP daily, weekly, or monthly (program hours are set up to be conducive to patient’s work schedules and daily responsibilities, often opening early enough to allow patients to get to work by 8:00am).
- Patients will attend appointments regularly with their medical professional.
- Individual and/or group therapy will be provided based on the patient’s individual treatment needs.